Saturday, June 25, 2016

Hurry Up and Wait...

Well surrogacy is full of "hurry up and wait."  I'm trying to keep preoccupied until the ultrasound.  I guess being in the surrogacy world for as long as I have (12 years now) can make you paranoid, as you know anything can happen.  I keep taking tests just to make sure the lines are still dark...and they are.  In fact, the test line came up before the control line this morning!  It seems Anna Banana Rainbow is doing just fine, but it's my job to worry about her for now.

I'm feeling pregnant, as I'm extremely tired.  My breasts are sore.  And I'm already getting occasional cravings.  No morning sickness yet and I'm thankful for that.  However, I have yet to go through a pregnancy without it, so I'm sure it will be here soon.  My pants are already tight, as the medications make me bloat.  And, after 7 previous babies, my body just says, "Oh?  This again?" and my uterus relaxes and I pop much quicker.  I'm eager to look "cute pregnant" and not just "fat."

It still seems surreal sometimes, that I'm actually going through another journey.  I'm a little freaked out about delivery (I usually am at this point), but I know excitement will replace the fear over time.  I'm so extremely blessed that God and another wonderful family have chosen me to be a part of this amazing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment